Illiana Financial was organized in 1936 by a small group of employees working at Illinois Bell Telephone Company, a subsidiary of American Telephone & Telegraph (A.T.&T.). These volunteers formed the credit union with the philosophy of helping each other by pooling their resources together in order to loan money to each other in times of need.
After the divestiture of A.T.& T., several related communications industry companies were included in our field of membership. Over the years, several credit unions have merged into Illiana Financial. Today, Illiana Financial has four locations in Illinois and serves close to 25,000 members.