At Illiana Financial we are always looking for friendly, professional individuals with a passion for helping others. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Apply Online Today Here
Email your resume to: HR@illiana.org
Job Title: Asset Recovery Supervisor
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
Location: South Holland
To manage and lead collections team to ensure collection of outstanding debtors, manage and direct team priorities, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Asset Recovery.
Key Job Duties/Activities
- Follow all policies and guidelines including internal security measures.
- Comply with Federal Regulations.
- Participate in all required training.
- Oversee all collection functions, including the control of accounts that are potentially delinquent, delinquent, or charged off.
- Ensure established policies, procedures, and legal requirements are followed.
- Train, direct, and appraise personnel.
- Provide required reporting; collections forecasting, actual, and variances to targets.
- Resolve member inquiries, disputes, and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively with members while maintaining a standard of courtesy and professionalism.
- Provide guidance in relation to collection and cash allocation priority.
- Utilize software to assign accounts and track delinquent loan activity.
- Reconcile charge-offs and recoveries on a monthly basis.
- Must have working knowledge of Bankruptcy Laws and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Work with outside legal counsel on foreclosures and other collection suits.
- Prepare reports for Board of Directors.
- Prepare call report sections.
- Provide work out solutions that adhere to policy provisions.
- Process garnishments, levies, and answer subpoenas.
- Maintain knowledge of security and safety policies.
- Recognize potential fraud.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Perform other duties as directed by CAO.
Organize basic functions for a pleasant and functional working environment. Demonstrate leadership and teamwork, as well as actively participating and contributing during meetings.
This role requires keeping in compliance with company procedures and policies. Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent and bad debt collections experience.
- College degree is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Letter writing skills.
- Telephone skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Individual should be a self-starter and have an interest in learning and practice a leadership approach.
- Work with common PC software, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel across the organization.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Must be able to stand 8 hours straight.
- Capable of lifting a 5lb box.
- Able to use a phone and keyboard.
- Perform basic math.
- Possess critical thinking skills.